The Perspective plug–in provides the capability for the user to change the current view or "perspective" of an image to any point in three dimensional space through the utilization of a user friendly interface.
Perspective is unique in that it uses a camera paradigm to introduce depth or perspective.
Perspective offers advantages over other perspective functions available in image editing programs:
- A "virtual" camera in 3–D space.
- Introduce consistent perspective in multiple images.
- Introduce consistent perspective in a string of text characters.
- Factory preset library with visual display.
- Save presets with descriptions for future use or reference.
A "virtual camera" navigational tool offers a "tilt" and "swing" motion. The "tilt" movement permits depth–of–field control of the image plane. Moving the virtual camera to the left while focused on a stationary position accomplishes the "swing." The zoom function also gives the effect of a dolly, in which the camera moves closer to or away from the image. For those looking for a quick and intuitive perspective tool, Perspective is the one.